I love sushi. I could eat it for every single meal, but I've learned a thing or two from Jeremy Piven. Too much raw fish is bad for you and bad press. I used to eat sushi about three times a week, but now days, I'm do most of my eating with a red-meat loving man. Unless one of my girlfriends is craving sushi, I don't get the chance to eat it very often.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Posted by Stephanie Jordan at 2:56 PM
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Posted by Stephanie Jordan at 10:19 AM
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
We had a lot of things to do this weekend in Shreveport — Mardi Gras parades and Bassmaster events — and what fun it was.
Posted by Stephanie Jordan at 9:32 AM
Friday, February 20, 2009
While my friend LJ and I were walking the other night, she sought out my advice on hair color. The girl is almost 27 and she's never put a drop of hair dye on her scalp. A true purist.
Posted by Stephanie Jordan at 4:29 PM
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Posted by Stephanie Jordan at 10:58 AM
Monday, February 16, 2009
Several weeks ago, the associate pastor at our church gave my boyfriend, Ty, a book to read called "The Shack." Warren, the pastor, had a spare copy on him and thought Ty would enjoy reading it. Everyone at Noel has been talking about this book, which peaked my curiosity.
Posted by Stephanie Jordan at 11:24 AM
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Last night we celebrated another successful SB Street Team party at Buffalo Wild Wings. I even got to meet someone I've been dying to meet for years now — Jacob Hester. For that reason alone, I consider the night a success.
Posted by Stephanie Jordan at 9:05 AM
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Do you have those days where your head seems to be misplaced? Sure, it's right there where you left it, on your shoulders and between your ears, but for whatever reason it's not processing quite as quickly as it should.
Posted by Stephanie Jordan at 9:03 AM
Monday, February 9, 2009
These surveys are a common occurrence on networking sites like Myspace and Facebook. This list of 25 things is the most major one I've seen lately. The goal is to list 25 things about yourself that most people may not know. I tried to be as random as possible — but 25 things is tough.
- I'm a pretty good cook, but sometimes the simplest things confuse me, like baking a potato.
- I'm allergic to everything: beer, wine, cheese, grass, ragweed, dogs, cats, etc. However, I rarely avoid any of those things except cats.
- I can play the guitar at a very basic level — G, C, D — enough chords to write really bad country music.
- I've never made a hole-in-one even though I've played golf most of my life.
- I spent three months in New York City. It was the best summer, but I haven't been back since.
- About five years ago, I had my tonsils removed after my doctor said I'd become a "strep carrier."
- I've never been on a rollercoaster and never plan to try one out.
- I'll eat just about anything, but I hate ketchup.
- I love to clean because it's the best time to clear my head.
- I always have two things in the back of my car: golf spikes and a sinus headset for lazer-guided surgery.
- For two years, I worked from 3 p.m. to midnight and cried nearly every night after I got off work. It was miserable.
- Heidi Hausmann taught me how to open a bar tab. I'd never gone out to a bar in college so I had no idea.
- I didn't wear a two-piece swimsuit until my sophomore year of college. I was overly modest.
- I am an editor, but I don't like to edit.
- I have plica band syndrome in my knees.
- I consider Ty Jordan the best guy I know.
- I want to write a book one day. Maybe when I have more time and more words.
- I look forward to being a mom one day — dance recitals, sack lunches, homework time, etc. — sign me up!
- My parents are some of my best friends.
- I love it when my younger brother hugs me just because he knows it makes me happy.
- I think my dog understands me completely when I talk to him.
- I went on a trip to the beach with all my girlfriends a few years ago. It was the best time we've had together.
- I totaled my first car on a parked car in my parents' driveway. Nothing is impossible.
- I was grounded for two months during my senior year of high school for not emptying my dirty clothes.
- I've been to yearbook camp. Twice.
Posted by Stephanie Jordan at 9:45 AM
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
The lights were on when we walked in the aerobics studio last night. About seven other women sat perfectly centered with their legs crossed, and I couldn't help but feel their eyes glaring at me.
Posted by Stephanie Jordan at 10:24 AM
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Today's a big day for me. I've been counting down the clock to 5 p.m., when my yoga/pilates class begins. I've done pilates before, but there's a significant difference in exercising alone in your living room and in front of numerous pairs of eyes. I'm not excited about the other eyes, but I vowed to my best friend that we'd take this class together.
Posted by Stephanie Jordan at 2:22 PM
Monday, February 2, 2009
On the typical morning, I wake up and immediately make a pot of coffee. I drink my first cup while I'm getting ready for work and then pour a to-go cup to take to the office. I've been successful at giving up soda and even my favorite, regular Coke, but I won't let go of my morning joe.
Posted by Stephanie Jordan at 9:54 AM