A special thanks to the blog readers who've waited so patiently for this broccoli cheese soup recipe. I first had this soup about two years ago at 2439 Fairfield "A Bed and Breakfast" (pictured above). This is a great place to host a small baby shower or luncheon, and their cookbook is filled with wonderful local recipes. If you want one of your own, they're $18 and can be purchased by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if you just want this magical soup recipe, here you go:
Broccoli Cheese Soup
by Jimmy Harris
1 stick butter
1 large onion, chopped
6 cups water or chicken broth
6 chicken bouillon cubes
8 oz medium egg noodles, crushed fine
28 oz frozen broccoli florets
1/8 tsp garlic powder
6 cups half and half
2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cubed
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp white pepper
- Saute onion and butter in large pot.
- Add water and chicken bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli in microwave, drain and pulse in food processor.
- Add egg noodles to liquid.
- Let cook uncovered 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and garlic powder, add pepper, let cook 3 minutes
- Add half and half and heat to almost boiling (don't let it boil) then add Velveeta and cheddar cheese.
- Stir constantly to melt cheese and keep it from scorching
- Add salt if needed.