Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday Meeting

Monday. It's the least liked day of the week. For most of you, I don't have to explain it. So long Saturday and Sunday. It'll be a while before I see you again.

A case of the Mondays.

But why? Simply because we're back in the office? Or because the weekend is over?

I really, really don't mind working. I think I'd be bored otherwise. But what's with the Monday blues?

I finally diagnosed my problem today. Every morning, I come in and check e-mails, send replies and eat my English muffin in the seclusion of my office. It's my quiet start to the day. I need about 30 to 45 minutes to gear up for what lies ahead.

But Monday doesn't allow me that freedom. We have staff meeting each Monday at 8:30 a.m. My gears are all go and then my process is stopped for about an hour. I return to my office to a mediocre, cold muffin. It's a drag.

I think Monday staff meetings should be against federal law.

What gives you a case of the Mondays?

4 comments:

CASEY DÁVID said...

'Happy People' at starbucks.

BTW, great piece on Muthas in SB this month!

Stephanie Jordan said...

Maybe we should have our Monday meeting at Starbucks. I could see that working well for me.

Thanks on the story. Lots of good women to talk about.

RadioTodd said...

Fridays are just as crazy for me... It's getting the weekend ready on Friday, and on Monday cleaning up whatever I messed up on Friday... Sheesh!

Stephanie Jordan said...

How do you even enjoy your weekends!