My husband is also a huge fan of these pasta shells, so I made this dish for us last night. The recipe calls for ground beef, which I replaced with ground turkey. It still had plenty of flavor and was much leaner. I didn't even have to drain the meat once it browned. I recommend trying the ground turkey if for no other reason than it will save you a step in the cooking process.
Stuffed Pasta Shells
1 1b. ground beef our turkey
1 box jumbo pasta shells
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
2 one-inch slices of Velveeta
1 can cream of mushroom
salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pasta and set aside to cool.
- Brown hamburger meat, drain. Add cream of mushroom soup, 3 heaping tablespoons of spaghetti sauce, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and Velveeta. Mix well.
- Spray Pam in casserole dish and pour a little spaghetti sauce on bottom of the pan.
- Stuff shells and place in the dish.
- Pour spaghetti sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.